Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

The central locking on my 2006 Holden Barina often clicks after

Customer Question

the central locking on my 2006 Holden Barina often clicks after the car is locked or unlocked using the remote on the key or unlocking the door with the key.
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The noise sounds like the locks are locking and unlocking although the locking button on the door does not appear to move up or down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: All else is terrific with the car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is yours a hatchback?It could be the rear actuator, or the RKE (remote keyless entry) module is faulty.Both are common faults.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is a hatchback.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I have had one customers car doing that, was the hatch actuator in her car.Hopefully yours too.Not too costly to fix.Hope this helps.Gary