Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

No thanksJA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

no thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my is 250 both wireless smart keys are not working, no the batteries are not flat. I can open the car if I have the key on me and I touch the handle, I then have to lock the car by touching the button on the handle, obviously the boot won't open and the other features of opening windows sunroof also aren't working with the key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes the dealership I have spoken with and the manufacturer don't have a clue, they have never heard of this and have quoted to replace both keys. I also now have a problem with my pcs, that work sometimes and doesn't on other time, again they have never heard of this and have quoted for replacement. I was having problems with the sunroof bouncing back, the safety feature was kicking in, again it was recommended sunroof replacement, however I did find on-line a way to reconfigure it and it is now working without any problems. all of these problems started 12mths ago when I had a flat battery if that helps at all
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried the dealership and they don't have a clue, I found the sunroof resolution even though it was for a bmw, but now I'm looking for suggestions how I can now fix the other problems. I'm happy to pay for repairs but I'm not prepared to pay for wrong diagnosis, which is what would have happened with the sunroof. re: the keys I have seen the key resolution on this site but it doesn't apply to wireless smart keys.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: are you reading my messages because your messages don't make sense
JA: No. I'm the Lexus Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: so can you help me?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The first thing that needs done here to help locate the fault here is to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If the dealer has not done this,this is the first thing that needs done.This may be an internal electrical fault with a control unit/ecu itself needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help locate this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes that has been done but I don't believe it is the correct diagnosis if you are referring to the pcs. it works intermittently I once had a flat battery.if you are referring to my keys not opening and closing my car as I also mentioned.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
If you have had the fault codes read out can you post the fault code info here for me? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is the report I have received, sorry I can't attach it.
pcs warning on dash codes B2056(axial gap of the radar sensor) & P1572(improper aiming of radar beam axis) rec: new distance control ECU. the dealership did show me documentation they have a problem with my model and year.
key remotes not working:report they found internal fault in remote pads (both pads). they don't have codes for this as they said they did this manually in the workshop. same problem apparently with the both keys
the report also included they found and internal fault in the sunroof, I fixed this and their diagnosis was wrong.
I had also complained of disgusting smell when using the acceleration, report caused by reaction with catalytic converter due to sulphur in fuel, no recommendation and no explanation why this has started to occur
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I keep getting an email for feedback but I haven't received a response to the above?????
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
I apologize for the delay. In some cases if the catalytic converter is not operating efficiently this can cause the smell you have here causing this issue and the catalytic converter usually needs replaced.There are some model vehicles that will exhibit this smell like this and can be normal so if they tell you this is normal you might ask to operate a similar year and vehicle to see if the smell is the same with that vehicle and if it is then it would be normal.If not then I would suspect the catalytic converter as the cause.The codes you have here sound like a fault with the radar components for the cruise control possibly.This can be radar sensors themselves at fault needing replaced.This would have to be checked into/tested further to be sure of the cause and then replaced from there.If they suggest both pads at fault I would ask what type of guarantee they offer that if you have these replaced if this will correct the issue and if it does not will they cover the costs for the misdiagnosis and repair as well as rediagnose and repair the issue. Thanks Pete