Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

JA: . What do you want help with?Customer: My key

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: My key fob wont unlock the car and i need to use the key to start it
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ive changed the battery in the fob but still not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The car still starts, its just the lock and unlock buttons on the fob and the car buttons also dont work
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This can be due to an internal electrical fault in the fob itself with it needing replaced for this issue here.I have seen the fob's fail in the past before needing replaced for this fault here.This will have to be tested further to see if this is the cause for sure and then replaced from there and programmed to operate your model here.In some cases a dealer is required to program the new fob. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete