Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Renault: , I have a 2006 proton savvy DF4 , which I

Customer Question

hi , I have a 2006 proton savvy DF4 amt , which I believe is pretty much a Renault clio, a new key had to be made for the car which appears to switch off the immobiliser , the LED goes out and the fuel pump comes on however the car will not crank or change gears , is there a secondary anti-theft device that could be still preventing power supply ? thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I would have the battery tested to see if it is at fault here as well as battery cables and connections.Even if there is 12 volts the battery may not be putting out enough amperage and can be causing this issue here needing replaced.If this is or has been tested and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete