Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I changedchanged left rear wheel bearing on 2004 e53 x5

Customer Question

Hi I changedchanged left rear wheel bearing on 2004 e53 x5 v8 I took off the complete hub and let air out of the air bag its all good but the abs, 4x4 and yellow brake light are on a little dowel fall out when I took out the park brake shoes and I could only find it to go back on the shoe/handbrack cable mechanism please help. Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm a mechanic but not BMW specialist
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm just trying to work out if that little solid dowel pin belongs somewhere else
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: That it was all fine just before I changed the bearing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the lights on cause of the dowl pin being in the wrong place is it for the abs sensor maybe. Has the drive shaft got a particular position when inserting back into the hub or diff
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What faults are logged in the cars computer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I request a refund, reply took to long and is insufficient
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I replied when I saw the post. I have not answered yet, I have only asked for more info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My questions have not been answered and was up all night waiting for a response, I was expecting a specialist who knows BMW's inside out, to late now for help it was urgent the site made me think it would only take 10 min or so and tricked me into membership
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refund refund refund and cancel my membership and account please