Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

My pojero 1994 2800 is blowing heaps of smoke got it in

Customer Question

hi my pojero 1994 2800 is blowing heaps of smoke got it in getting fixed heaps of oil in intercooler they said turbo ok i think it could be breather but they think its the diesel pump what do you think its done 280.000 km
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i have just brought it three weeks ago from car sales yard the have given it to there machanic but i think he is missing the basics and do a compression test first the pump would not put oil in the air intake would it
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: no thats all thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,At 280000km, I'd say you have high blowby, past the piston rings, hence the oil in the intake and intercooler.It would be wise to have a cylinder leakage test down with a leakdown tester.The breather system is working overtime, high volume of crankcase air with oil in the air.I would say they will quote you for a new engine.Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regardsGary