Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

I have a flywheel off a A series Datsun engine and wondering

Customer Question

I have a flywheel off a A series Datsun engine and wondering if u can send me some pictures thru of as many flywheels as possible that would bolt straight on a A12,A14,A15 or anyother type of A series engine so I can deterimine what engine this flywheel come off thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,Can you post a photo of the the flwheel you have including a side on shot, and I'll tell you which engine it comes from.The flywheels from the factory are matched more so to a trans type, 4 speed 56A is different to 5 speed 60A and 5 speed 63A.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yeah I can but not right now as I have to get them . I do know that it flat all the way to the middle with a small raised section near the middle. It is approximately 26mm thick on the edge . it may b cast or steel but no casting numbers on it . It bolts straight on a A12engine
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
I'll find some info for you tomorrow morning. Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks a lot Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
I've had a few 1200s, have a read here:
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your earliest convenience.Kind regardsGary