Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

First compartment lid will now not open fully so you are unable

Customer Question

first compartment lid will now not open fully so you are unable to put drink bottle etc in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: compartment to passenger side of console that in the past we have been able to stand bottle etc in. The flip lid on that part now only opens to approx 80% so we are unable to use
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, as unsure how to remedy this problem. Does the console have to be removed or do you have another suggestion
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No. It is a 2006 Aurion and is running like a bird. This is the only problem we have encountered
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In most cases the console has to be removed to inspect for any broken or damaged components with it.IN some cases the entire console has to be replaced if the parts located at fault are not serviced separately.I have also used compressed air to blow around the drink holder to try and free up and blow out any debris to correct this as well.You might try this to see if this resolves the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi PeteThanks for the advice. I have tried that remedy but had no success. Do you have any other ideas.Thanks Geoff
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Have you tried compressed air at all?