sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Chrysler 300c diesel: matt Ihave a crysler 300c v6 diesel

Customer Question

hi matt Ihave a crysler 300c v6 diesel the throttle body light is on , it has gone into limp home mode . the butterfly is in the open position with the key off or on . When I switch the key on and off the butterfly will close and open 3or 4 times can you help or should I shoot the bloody thing cheers barry
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that will cause the electronic throttle control light to come on. It could be an accelerator pedal position sensor or wiring issue, a charging system issue, or anything that will adversely affect the engine controller's ability to control engine RPM. The item you're looking at is the EGR flow control valve and is used to create vacuum in the intake to run EGR at idle, there isn't an actual throttle body on a diesel engine.The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ECM. Based on the codes found then testing will need to be done from there, electrical testing will most likely be necessary.