indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

Saab 9-5 3.0 Griffin: is there an easy way of disabling the

Customer Question

is there an easy way of disabling the check transmission display on my Saab 9-5 3.0l V6 Griffin
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi . The only way to disable this warning sign is to check for transmission malfunctions then repair the fault and then clear codes .once the codes have been rectified and cleared the warning with also clear .Saab diagnostic tools are needed for this . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
$43 to tell me to fix the problem is not really the answer I expected
Hi . Sadly there is no other way as long as the problem is there the management system will see this and command the warning to come on .the only thing you can do is the basics like check the trans fluid level and condition .You could have any of many transmission problems i'm afraid, from a simple output / input speed sensor to a PNP switch .Just trying a short cut will just make it worse and more expensive later on on repairs .Sorry for the bad news but not much you can do . Kind regards Greg