Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Battery not charging light comes on and offJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

battery not charging light comes on and off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: changed battery 2 days ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: car is surging
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you can tell me the year and model of your Jaguar I will see if I can help you determine why the alternator is not charging and help you get it resolved. Post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks 1997 XJ8 4.0L Sports
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** enclosed the test steps in the link below for testing the alternator and the circuit. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. the wiring diagram in the link below for reference as well.