Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Ug a little deeper to find that pressing and welding in

Customer Question

ug a little deeper to find that pressing and welding in evo4-10 blljoints into my arms will work, with and evo 4 knuckle/hub assy. that is providing that evo 1 ball joint holes are the same as the e39a galant.. i have evo 7 knuckles here and want to know if the evo7 spindle has the same spline count as evo 4 spindle.
so my one question has progressed into two,
how similar is the evo1 arm compared to the e39a?
differences in e4 vs e7 hub.knuckle assy?
thanks for the reply doug, your right 1g spindles are very hard to come by, i do plan to redrill the rear's as the trailing arm/hub combo is less than desireable. but kinda want a genuine front assy, was also looking at maybe 3000gt front hubs and get a driveshaft made, which do you think is going to be a longer lasting solution for after market support? the custom d shaft or custom spindles?
thanks again for your time
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases info like this here may need obtained from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.I have had to get this info from dealers as well on certain repairs when repair info is not available elsewhere.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok pete thanks for getting back to me, sorry about my poor spelling & grammar, my question the otherday was useless aswell, here is a more focused question. ive got more than one thing i need to get my head around ill try and keep it short and direct. i will be paitent waiting for you reply. ill give you a list of what i have & what i intend doing with it, what i need to know
i have:
2 six bolt motors, the one in the car is stock approx 190xxx km, its tired and could use head rebuild. the one loose is apparently 126xxx km old. it has blown piston rings, but a rebuilt ported head with dual valve springs, stage 4 cam ect, head is about 300km old. it had big turbo, external gate, big ic ect.
the worked head is off the block and im getting quotes from engine shops currently for block rebuild. they will be able to help me with any questions regarding that, and will probably want to take over control once that block goes back in.
what i want to do in the meantime is take the stage 4 camshaft out, swap stage 2 cam in that i have here, it is fine to leave in uprated valves with smaller cam isnt it? and then swap the heads, while still keeping current tdo5 16g comprssorwheel as its not old. motor didnt come with injectors so i was thinking of changing from stock 510cc to 650cc injector. i also have a 325lph intank pump and regulator, i have an pnp ecu that ive been told is good for light mods... do you think this is enough to support a ported head? also looking a modest size IC that will fit my bumper. i dont have flow rates of head or anything but i can go measure inlet ports ect to best of my ability if you would like. i want to keep power small for the meantime so not to ruin cars matching engine, once i can get blown block rebuilt original motor will come out and be reconditioned to standard and then stored, leaving me with two whole motor setups
any advice as to what i should ask for and what i dont need at engine shop will be appreciated, as they will probaly suggest a bunch of stuff that i will not need.as for wheel hubs that is a very costly little project with those rear hubs ive purchased, id be looking at a custom sub-frame & shafts i think, that or a funny looking car. i might just look into getting all 4 calipers fitted and store the rear arms for the meantime. as nice as 5 lugs, bolt in bearings and good abs sounds,i think thats out of my league for now.
ill just use the non abs 5 stud hub that i have and find a abs delete kit and redrill rear flange.
but if you do have any info on a later model evo6 bearing mix matched to fit my hub please let me know.
i know ive forgotten somthing but its very late
thanks for your help
alex(###) ###-####
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately my info is limited on this here myselfI will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete