Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Holden Commodore VE Omega: We have a Holden Omega 2007 model.

Customer Question

We have a Holden Omega 2007 model. It is in great condition both inside and out and it was an economic repairable write off so it was in a collision but you honestly couldn't tell by the look or the feel of it. If it helps it is a 6 cylinder engine, with VIN 6G1EK52B48L113255 and is formally a 2007 Holden Commodore VE Omega. It is a petrol car. My question is that the odometer is sitting at about 233800km. It passed a safety inspection after failing the first one the day before. The service brake test was 75% on the pass and the hand brake test failed first go, passed second go. I am getting the car in for a full service tomorrow, it's last service was about 10 months ago, my end question is: what is the average lifetime of this car? How many km do you think I will get on the odometer before the car reaches the end of its life? It also has a PedalBox Throttle Control Unit installed.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kyle,VE is a good car, timing chains are common.I've seen cars in the 350xxx zone still going well.The handbrake won't do emergency stops well, type of design.Probably needed adjustment at time of inspection.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kyle,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regardsGary