sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2008 nissan dualis. I has developed an intermittent

Customer Question

I have a 2008 nissan dualis. I has developed an intermittent fault with the brake lights. All three flicker randomly when the headlights aee turned on. Also the brake light bulbs blow frequently
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi pearl did u get my message?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible yes. I took it to a shop today but they had no clue
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anyone there? Have been waiting 3 days now.....?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds like you have a poor ground. When a lighting circuit is poorly grounded it will try to ground through other components on the circuit, which will in turn cause bulbs to light when other lights are turned on. In this case it appears that the park lamp filaments are lighting the brake lamp filaments because the park lamps are grounding through them. If no visible wiring or connection problems are seen in the rear then I would recommend adding a redundant ground at least for testing and I believe you will see the problems go away.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - will install a redundant ground and see if the problem is resolved.Cheers,Carl
You're welcome!