indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

My name is ***** ***** mercedes a170 has an oil leak. I got

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** mercedes a170 has an oil leak. I got told it was the front crank sharft seal and had it fixed but its still leaking. Any other ideas what the issue could be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When i move my car i notice clean oil coming out onto the driveway. Originally when u had it looked at from a mechanic they told me i needed to replace the crank shaft seal but now i have had that replaced and its still leaking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 6 months ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I would honestly have the car back at the shop and ask them to recheck the leak as they did the diagnostic and by the looks of it did a bad job replacing or replaced a good seal and the leak is coming from some other area like the timing case cover which is a common issue on this engine .But the shop is responsible in rechecking this issue as the repair is not correctly done or bad diagnostics . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.