Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

My names ***** *****. I've got a '95 EF FAIRMONT. We've

Customer Question

Hi my names ***** *****. I've got a '95 EF FAIRMONT. We've done plugs, leads, coil pack, battery, checked fuses, & 2nd hand 'dizzy/module' but still no spark. I've been looking at other peoples posts & they're talking bout the ECU, is that the computer on the passenger side kick board please ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's turning over but no spark is coming through to the plugs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the crank sensor for loss of signal or faulty sensor
A failed crank sensor will cause the coils not to fire from no speed signal
If the check engine light is coming on with the key on then the ECU is communicating but this does not eliminate it as a possible problem. Do you have access to a scan tool to see if it will connect and read the ECU for potential fault codes? If so let me know what you have for codes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I check the crank angle sensor please
Your options are to monitor it with a scan tool connected that reads live data and see if you have engine RPM reading while cranking the engine over and also see if there is any tachometer response. If you do not have access to a scan tool then some just replace the sensor as they are inexpensive. the proper way is with a scan tool that reads live data
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No worries thank you we're checking that now & any further questions I will be in touch shortly thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So because of everything else we have replaced, replacing th sensor is the best way to go you think ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yeh because no I don't have access to a scan tool is all, thank you
Be sure to test all your fuses and relays as well to be sure your Ignition circuit and ECU is powering and if so then yes a comon cause of no spark if the coils are good is a bad crank sensor. I am logging out for the night as it is 1AM EST here and I have to be up early. We can follow up as needed though if you need further help.