Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

I have a 2007 VW Passat 2.0 tdi with 200k on the clock.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 VW Passat 2.0 tdi with 200k on the clock. The car lost power, after doing a fuel filter at one mechanic and now a turbo and DPF at another, the car still won't rev above 2500rpm. I'm just looking for a quick fix to cut my loses and move on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what exactly?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. what fault codes are stored in the ecu please thanks