Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

Daewoo Nubira X: , I am working on a Daewoo Nubira 2000

Customer Question

I am working on a Daewoo Nubira 2000 with an Aircon issue.
The ac only kicks in when the car gets up to operating temp and the ecu starts up the low speed fan. if I bridge the fans the ac will not work. Any ideas? cheers, Sascha
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sascha,Was the A/C cold prior to this happening?I would normally look at system pressure first with an A/C station gauge set.What low and high side pressures are present with A/C off?A low charge of gas as the result from a small leak will disable the A/C system.I would have the system checked by an A/C repairer.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Gary,
Thank you for your reply.
As I mention in my additional information, the system works fine, but will not engage until the ECU starts the aux fans.
I can bridge the AC relay and the compressor will kick in, and the system gets cold.
There is no mechanical issue with the AC system just an electrical issue.
If I bridge the fan relay low or high the AC will not kick in….
So my question is still why does it only kick in when the fans been turned on by the ECU?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Ok, it sounds more like an input to the ECM, from the A/C switch, or the ECM itself.I'll see what I can dig up for a circuit diagram.I have replaced ECMs for A/C inoperative in a few different GM based cars.I'll be back shortly.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi again Sascha,Here is a circuit I have found, hope it helps you.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sascha,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your earliest convenience.Kind regards.Gary