Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Suzuki Aerio: , I have a Suzuki Aerio, 1997, and the engine

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Suzuki Aerio, 1997, and the engine light was coming on each time I started the engine but went out after about 5 minutes, I was told this was just because the engine was cold, but now the light is staying on all the time. It has just had a service in February. Do you have any suggestions, thank you
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard,The engine light staying on for any amount of time after starting indicates a fault.The will be code (DTC) set in ECM that can retrieved with a scan tool.Are you able to have a scan performed on the car?Come back to me when you get the code, and we can continue.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to try to phone Suzuki to see if they can fit the car in for a scan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this will have to be tomorrow as they are closed now
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Ok Richard.They may tell you what it is and how much to fix.Any info you can get will be good.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
managed to get hold of our mechanic who has said that there are 2 codes, the O2 sensor and cam positioning sensor - he is going to get me a quote on the sensors. I had hoped that, as selected earlier, that we would like to fix this ourselves but this is obviously not possible -
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard,Can you give me the code numbers?The cam position sensor code may not be the sensor, could be a correlation code from stretched timing belt.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
he just told us verbally, we will phone him tomorrow and ask for the actual codes
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Richard.How many kilometres on this car now?Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
103589 km
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Ok, it is only a youngster.Has it had a timing belt replaced?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't think so, I will check with the mechanic tomorrow when I ask about the codes, goodnight, will chat tomorrow
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Will chat tomorrow.Gary