Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1997 festiva gxl cranking. Over spark but new fuel pump no working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to change email add from***@******.*** to***@******.*** please
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have spark but no fuel pump operation check and see if any fuses are found blown or missing in any way here.If an issue is found with any of the fuses this will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is o.k. in some cases a fuel pump relay can fail internally causing this fault needing replaced.I would have the fuel pump circuit tested to see if the relay needs replaced.Inspect the fuel pump wiring for any issues as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me where I can find these relays, I tried google but all queries come back to you guys, I hooked up the original pump to the filter and bridged at the battery. I now have full fuel pressure spark but I think the injectors are not powering up.
Can you tell me how the wiring circuit is set up or send me a schematic. I am a mechanic and just opened up my business and hope this is not reflecting on me so you assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there anyone out there who can help thanks