Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Pearl have a160 has come up with codes po600 &p1893 have

Customer Question

hi pearl have a160 has come up with codes po600 &p1893 have had trans computor repaired road testing has been driving and selecting gears when coming to stop loses drive just went for another drive now no drive only reverse f up on dash thanks carl
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2001
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: after fitting trans computor it seemed to have big flat spot to start off and seemed to be pinking not sure if problems were there before or not
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can am a mechanic unsure of what happening
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: i think thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually the transmission computer needs to be programmed and shift adaptations learned into it with a dealers SDS machine in order for it to operate properly in your vehicle here.If this was not programmed and shift adaptations not learned in at all this needs done to see if this corrects the fault here.If this has already been done let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete