Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Ford Focus LV sedan: I have an LV Focus sedan, and the wipers

Customer Question

I have an LV Focus sedan, and the wipers have started to come on when ignition is activated, local mechanic has used computer to assess and could find no fault. the wipers run and stop in a random position each time car is started.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. One common cause for a fault like this here that I have seen in the past before and had to replace is the wiper motor assembly itself.It shorts out internally and causes this fault.I have also seen the wiper switch itself fail and cause this as well but not as common as the wiper motor assembly needing replaced.I suspect the wiper motor assembly needs replaced on your model here to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete