sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I hava a 2007 Automatic transmission Pajero Exceed lV. There is a vibration when it changes gears and when cruising at 100-110KM
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The vibration noise is like it has another engine and has a banginging noise at rear differential like one experienced on BMW E46 when the mounting bush is worn out
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you're experiencing clutch chatter. If you're feeling a vibration only at a certain shift point or during torque converter clutch application then it's almost surely because you're feeling the clutch discs and plates chatter as the clutch is commanded on.Clutch chatter can be caused by clutch damage or leakage, or it can be caused by fluid degradation. If clutch chatter is what you're feeling then the first thing that shoudl be addressed is the fluid. If the fluid is degraded, incorrect or there is an additive in the fluid then it should be flushed and the proper fluid installed. If that didn't take care of it within a few hundred miles then the trans would require internal repair.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I will try that and revert.
You're welcome!