sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Crv: I have a 2003honda Crv. I have owned It from new. Today

Customer Question

I have a 2003honda Crv. I have owned It from new. Today I had an issue when I went to start the car it conked out. If I kept the revs at about 1000 it was fine. Radio, lights, battery, engine sound was fine. It was as I took my foot off the accelerator to put the car into gear it conked out. Everything else is working fine. No engine warning lights. Battery, oil etc fine. I got the car towed to home. Then an hour later when I went to check it again, it started.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause the symptoms you're describing. It could simply be a sensor issue but could be low fuel pressure, fuel contamination, possibly an exhaust restriction.The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see if any fault codes are setting using a scan tool or code reader. Anything causing a loss of spark or most sensor issues will set a fault code and that will give a starting point for diagnosis.Are you able to check for codes?