Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

My 1986 Corona has been sitting while. I replaced the

Customer Question

My 1986 Corona has been sitting for a while. I replaced the battery. There is fuel, I cleaned and check spark plugs and Dissy. Cranks but wont start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It cranks well but it will not fire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Can I ask how long the car has been idle for, and how old is the fuel?Some cars will not start with old fuel, more than 2 months.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Have you tried some "start ya bastard" or carb cleaner down the carb/throttle body?Do you need any further assistance?Gary