Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Just stopped to refuel my pathfinder 2008 st model

Customer Question

***** *****, just stopped to refuel my pathfinder 2008 st model and on returning to vehicle put key into ignition and vehicle is dead but a small red car shaped warning light with a key symbol in the middle is flashing. No other lights at all on dashboard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No that's all I have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. It sounds like your theft system may have engaged.Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote.If this does not allow starting of your vehicle here then you will have to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen the electronics in the key/remote fail and cause this needing replaced as well as the immobilizer itself that reads the key needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete