Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a c70 and the speedo stops working, at the same time

Customer Question

I have a c70 and the speedo stops working, at the same time the cruise control stops and the fuel consumption stops. For a while if I jiggled the key it wojuld start again, but now nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What mor can I say?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This sounds like an electrical fault either with the instrument cluster itself needing removed and repaired or replaced or the speed sensor.If the transmission/gear box is still shifting properly with this fault here I suspect the instrument cluster itself will need either removed and repaired or removed and replaced for this fault.This will have to be tested further to be sure of the cause then repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete