Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Volkswagen 2004 Touareg: I have a 2004 Touareg petrol wagon

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Touareg petrol wagon and I am having problems with the warning lights. The airbag light stays on all of the time; I have a warning light which is not in the manual which shows a car skidding so I think it must have something to do with traction control and it stays on; the EPC light is coming on but I have just had a service but not with a VW dealer for the first time.
I know what the warning lights mean but find it strange that all of this has happened almost simultaneously.
I can't get anything from the VW site as it just goes to sales.
Can you help, please?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What has to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.This needs done with a scan tool compatible with your model plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.It does look like the EPC and traction light are related and this may be a failing wheel speed sensor or another sensor at fault needing replaced.The air bag code may be related to this as well.Unfortunately you do need to get the codes read out to help locate and repair this issue here.Most shops or a dealer can usually read out these codes for you and do the diagnosis to locate and repair this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete