Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Have a vz Holden replace the ecu,bcm,key,Pcm,and trans ecu

Customer Question

Have a vz Holden replace the ecu,bcm,key,Pcm,and trans ecu but car will no start all turns on think it could be trans ecu,if I replace it will it need to be programmed
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Speedo does no work
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Can you tell me why you replaced all of these parts?What programming have you done to each module?Are they new or from other cars?Does your car have ESP/TRAC Control?Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Replaced all parts from another car the eng ecu was stuffed
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Yes, generally the Engine ECU (PCM) is the reason for the no start condition.Now, what programming have you done?Have you linked the modules together?Do you have access to a TECH2?Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Done no programming,yes have linked modules together,I think I can get a tech2
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Ok, do you understand that linking the modules (PCM and BCM) is a TECH2 programming function?It is a software linkup.I can see you'll be taking the car to Holden, since you now have VIN mismatches as well.So at the very least, you need a local friend like me who works for Holden to come to your house.Can maybe be sorted with TECH2, TIS2WEB for programming at your house.Do you have 2 key remotes for programming?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regards Gary