Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Am in the middle of wiring up/installing

Customer Question

i am in the middle of wiring up/installing a rear vision camera in my 2001 C240 , just need to establish which wires to splice into for power
regards
bill
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases you may have to tap into the battery power and ground and run direct wires from the power at the battery with a fused jumper wire in line to power this up.On a mercedes it isnt a good idea to tap into any power fuses or circuits as this will load up the circuit causing other electrical components to act up.I would run a fused wire from the battery or battery junction point to provide power here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete