Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Navara: I have a 2005 navara stx zd30. My reverse lights

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 navara stx zd30. My reverse lights stop working. One was bulb has been blown for a few months then the other one went last week so I thought it was just the bulbs so I changed them and nothing. I then thought it must be the reverse switch on the gearbox. I purchased a new one unplugged the old one and plugged the new one in before I removed the old one I hit the switch and nothing. So my question is does the new switch need to be in place to work for earthing reason etc or am I looking at a bigger problem? Thanks Alan Boland
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. On some models the switch does have to be in place to be grounded/earthed in order to operate,I would try this and see if the lights work then.If they do not then you will need to check the wiring leading to the reverse lights and at the reverse lights for any damage or corrosion needing repaired or replaced.This needs done as I have seen corroded and damaged wiring and connections cause a fault like this here needing repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete