sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Saab 9-3 s: We have a 1998 9-3 did a engine and man gearbox

Customer Question

We have a 1998 9-3 did a engine and man gearbox swap it was a auto but gearbox stuffedt. The engine and man box where from 900s 1997 ,we can not get it to start it comes up with key not accepted we have changed key barrel on gear leaver mechanism ,there was a broken wire on the ring around ignition barrel. Also what wires need to be joined for reverse light and to override park and neutral .thanks in advance
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The broken wire near the lock cylinder may be significant and needs to be repaired but I'm wondering if the problem isn't related to the engine controller. If the engine controller was swapped from another vehicle and was not programmed for this vehicle then it isn't going to start.When was the lock cylinder replaced, and where did the part come from?Is the ECM the original or was it replaced with a used one?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi we resoldered the broken wire no change need to know which wires to override neutral and park conections also reverse lights the ECMis the original one that was in the 9-3 hope you can help Gary
You're not going to be able to override anything, if the correct ECM and wiring harness was not installed then you'll need to do so.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the correct ECM and wire harness the 900s which is the doner car for engine and trans or 9-3s
The correct ECM and harness are the ones from the vehicle the engine and transmission came out of.