Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My engine light has came on and derated engine, when a mechanic

Customer Question

My engine light has came on and derated engine, when a mechanic plugged in the scanner it indicated turbo boost low , he reset and it worked fine this has happened 3 times . The last time in our driveway , I started engine ,it begen running rough then the engine light came on again . .?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What should I do ?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes , I have ordered new fuel filters but I have never changed one before , it is 450 klm to our nearest holden dealer .
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I did not have any fuel lights displaying on the dash .
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,The wiring harness to the turbo boost sensor should be checked for loose wiring, crimped or broken wiring or shorts and repaired as needed. I ok, then the turbo boost sensor should be replaced. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating