Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Mazda Mazda 3 SP25 luxury auto: ***** ***** a mazda 323 SP25 and

Customer Question

I have a mazda 323 SP25 and on several occasions in traffic it has simply lost power. By turning off and turning car on again it restarts OK - problem is intermittent but potentially dangerous.
Can you help?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, what you are describing is an intermittent fault with the crankshaft position sensor. This sensor is used for rpm signal, as well as for signal to the coils and injectors. The dealer can confirm this by taking on a test drive with scan tool hooked up and on live data feed. They will be able to see the loss of crank signal right as it cuts off. Replacing the crank sensor will resolve this