Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Holden Rodeo 2004RA v6 petrol: I have a Holden rodeo 2004 v6

Customer Question

I have a Holden rodeo 2004 v6 petrol utility. My problem is it won't start . The efi relay is not coming in which in turn stops the fuel pump etc . Immobiliser ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
Hi Stephen,Early RA had problematic immobilizers.The module is mounted on the frame behind the LHS of the instrument cluster.There is a harness going from it to the key reader, sometimes the lead has a poor connection, or the module needs replacing.There should be a code set, can you get that read please?Gary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How to this code mate ? The cable going to the key read is 2 cables with a push together connector , maybe not a good connection ?
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
Yes, if you can see the cable, release it and refit to see if any difference.You need a scan tool like TECH2 to read what codes (DTCs) are set in the vehicle.Gary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok get back to you shortly , thanks mate .
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
You're welcome Stephen.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
Hi Stephen,How have yougone with your problem?Do you need any further assistance?Gary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No good still mate ????
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
Hi Stephen,Like all cars now, you need to have a TECH2 scan performed to see what codes are stored.Until you have this done, we are only guessing.It is ALWAYS the first step in diagnosis.Gary