sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have an automatic 2006 Volvo v50 and it won't go into fourth gear-
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I also can't use the manual shifter as it just stays in D.i scanned it and it gave me fault code to-0192 gear selector module faulty signal
JA: Anything else I can tell the Volvo Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The fault code was TCM-0192 gear selector module faulty signal
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!This code will be related to the transmission not shifting. This code sets when there is no activity from the sensor in the gear selector module which is in the top of the shifter assembly. This will require replacement of the gear selector module.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So would the gear selector module prevent me from using the manual shift as well as not going into fourth gear??
Thanks for your help
Yes, it will cause the transmission to go into limp in. If there are no other codes there isn't a reason to believe there is another problem.