Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Toyota Camry hybrid Camry: My car is not starting and it's

Customer Question

My car is not starting and it's showing on dash board,"check the hybrid system".
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Unfortunately I am unable to place a call for this here due to our locations. The hybrid control computer or another computer in your vehicle has detected a fault with one or more hybrid components.When this occurs this message comes on like this here and in allot of cases depending on what the problem is this can prevent the engine from starting.This can be a fault with the hybrid battery or cooling system for it.What has to be done from here to help locate and repair this issue is to have the fault codes read out using either a dealers computer/scan tool or a compatible scan tool for your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.Once corrected the codes are cleared out with the same scan tool connected to your vehicle and it will operate properly from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete