sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Heaps ofwater pouring out from behind kia carnival engine JA:

Customer Question

heaps ofwater pouring out from behind kia carnival engine
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes when radiator is half full water pours out from behind the engine even when the engine is not running
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If there is coolant leaking from behind the engine area it could be a heater hose, the heater core, a leaking headgasket or it could be a freeze plug on the back of the head or block.It sounds like the leak is substantial which should make it easy to find. What you'll need to do is add water or coolant until the leak starts and then you'll most likely need to start underneath the vehicle to look for the source. Start at the firewall and see if it appears to be coming from a heater hose or a tube coming from the firewall itself. If it's coming from an open tube on the firewall then the heater core is leaking.If it's coming from the engine then the leak could be a headgasket (not that likely) or freeze plug. If you find it is leaking from the bellhousing then it's going to be a freeze plug.