Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Mitsubishi mk: my mitsubishi triton mk speedo shudders but

Customer Question

my mitsubishi triton mk speedo shudders but i also here like a rasping sound like the tyres are scraping on something that goes in sequence with the speedo. have had a look underneath but cant see anything unusual.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Based upon the symptoms I suspect a failing wheel hub bearing. You will need to jack up the vehicle and grab the tires at the top and bottom and shake, then grab by the sides and shake. At whichever one has play, replace the hub bearing
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks