John Vieira
John Vieira, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician 32 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

YES - Pearl, I do have an FORD AU3 ECU Issue - but NO money

Customer Question

YES - Pearl, I do have an FORD AU3 ECU Issue - but NO money on the right card to put into your system tonight - Thanks Graeme
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: We had our DASH Instrumentation GO OUT - gauges & lights all over the place,
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Engine has a slight miss (We believe Low Spark on one pot) and is no longer able to sense low-end load values for a reliable idle. Car sounds like a V8 and
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, I need the year of the vehicle as well as the last 8 of the vin number. I also need to know if you have had the ECU scanned for fault codes, and if so, what are they
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eric, (RE: AU-3 Falcon Forte Wagon - ECU Problem - CON'T)
Sorry for the delay - The Vehicle is a FEB-2002 Build / April-2002 Delivery. Last 8 Digits of the VIN NO are :A2T50047
YES the ECU was scanned on an Engine Analsyer - but DO NOT have a copy of the FAULT CODES.
I was told that the ECU was unservicable and would need replacing.
Many Thanks - Regards Graeme.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eric,
We are about to initiate a SEARCH for a replacement ECU for the AU-3 Ford Wagon.
Many Thanks - Regards Graeme.
Expert:  John Vieira replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I can not help with this question as I do not know enough about Australian vehicles. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do you expect ME to rate anything when you chopped me from John who was Competent with
my FORD AU-3 ECU Situation to John who was NOT able to Assist because of HIS lack of knowledge
on Australian Vehicles as he stated - Is this a Profesional Service or NOT ?? - Graeme Smith Narrabri NSW.
Please NOTE: Your service faces HARD Competition from or LOCAL Workshops and Staff !! (There ARE
FOUR local Engine Analysing Facilities)