Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a problem with a bentley azure 1996 roof/.

Customer Question

hi i have a problem with a bentley azure 1996 roof/.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if this hasnt been done already is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle and can read all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with the motor itself that operates the roof possibly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I would like to know what current scan tools will work with a bently azure 1996 model. It has an obd2 socket and another round diag socket that wants to look like the Mercedes benz C 203.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

It looks like the Vag Com is the best option for your model here or this one here that connects to your PC.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

In some cases it may take a dealers scan tool/computer to read all computers in your model here as some after market readers will not be able to read all computers.Unfortunately the manufacturers design this to be this way so that only a dealers scan tool can be used for certain computers and checks.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pete, I have the vagcom tool. I will run a scan and see what it says. Please do not close this line. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what codes are set in all of the computers that your scan tool communicates with.

Thanks Pete