Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

How to adjust bands in auto F7TP-NA PRA-JD5 gearbox in 1997

Customer Question

How to adjust bands in auto F7TP-NA PRA-JD5 gearbox in 1997 F250 HD
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
still waiting
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has the gear box been rebuilt?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope this is an honest reply and not just a stall.
Don't know if box has been rebuilt.
Just need to know procedure and tension settings.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately I dont have any adjustments or settings on this here myself and I apologize for this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

you dont just adjust the bands on this transmission,,if it is slipping i would think the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3w9vjqbgeoxwmr/0330-f250-NOTE.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/f3w9vjqbgeoxwmr/0330-f250-NOTE.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help