Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I am looking at purchasing an ex telstra toyota ace van 2004

Customer Question

I am looking at purchasing an ex telstra toyota hiace van 2004 model 2.4 L petrol with 270000 on the clock What are the main things I should be looking at mechanically and service history wise Thanks Tim
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would check into its vehicle history report at a dealer to see if they have reports of all of the maintenance history on this model here.Look to see if any major repairs were done or any that were diagnosed and not repaired in any way at all.

I would have the vehicle checked over for proper brake function,engine operation,transmission/gear box operation,leaks and any fault codes set.The codes need checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If any codes are set they would need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.It is always best to have all of these checked into before purchasing the vehicle to check for any major issues needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete