Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Mazda demio 2009 door light on dash stay on. and remote does

Customer Question

mazda demio 2009 door light on dash stay on. and remote does not work lock. all doors are shut...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this car done the compliance check. before I took to it. it was good no light on dash. now dash got light that door left side open.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually both of these issues here are related with each other.I suspect the left front door latch sensor that sends a signal to tell the computers the door is open or closed has failed and the computers think the door is open at all times and keeps the locks from operating properly as well.What will need to be done from here is to check the door position signals with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see if any codes are set and to monitor the door position signals to locate the faulty one.Once this is done it is usually the door latch itself that needs replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete