Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2012 vess started missing during stationery warm up

Customer Question

I have a 2012 vess started missing during stationery warm up 90 000 ks now at holden dealer say no 7 cyl valve not moving cam or lift fail just out of warranty worried about using gen parts to repair your advice /opinion muc appreciated
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most of the time with a valve not moving it can be both the cam and lifter at fault.If the cam has worn down with its lobe to control this valve here this can lead to lifter wear and failure with both needing replaced.

If you are worried about using generic or after market parts if you go this route using these parts make sure it is with a reputable company and the parts have a warranty on them.I do recommend using OEM factory parts if possible as this is the best option and will usually hold up longer then the cheaper parts from an after market company.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete