Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Marty i have 2008 2009 c200 Kompressor leaking passenger

Customer Question

hi Marty i have 2008 2009 c200 Kompressor leaking passenger side water both front and back i read some where that its a manufacture fault is this correct if not would i be able to claim on my insurance if there was some damaged caused by me
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see any issues myself with this being a manufacturers fault for this here.If this model has the sun roof option and you are leaking water inside the vehicle on the passenger front and back areas usually the drains for the sun roof can either clog up or become disconnected and causes this issue here.This would be if the leak only occurs when raining or in a car wash.If the water only enters with wet roads when driven this can be due to poor body filler/sealer allowing water in from under the vehicle (in this case it would be a manufacturers fault) or due to missing floor plugs.

If this was something caused by you,you would need to speak with your insurance company to see if they will cover the costs for repair.Usually they will if it is a fault by you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete