Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I'm ***** ***** and I have a BF falcon that is misfiring,

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** ***** and I have a BF falcon that is misfiring
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Apparently cylinder 1 is misfiring Changed plugs and coils
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've paid that
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also the problem is intermittent, engine light comes on sometimes. Seems to start if I accelerate hard
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel injectors tested this should be done as I have seen a single injector atomize incorrectly and cause a single cylinder misfire like this here needing replaced.

If these have already been tested and found o.k. I would have a cylinder compression test done to see if one or more cylinders is found to be low on compression as this can indicate an issue with cylinder head valves at fault in most cases needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete