Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

It's a 2005 ford territory sx and the alarm keeps randomly

Customer Question

It's a 2005 ford territory sx and the alarm keeps randomly going off. It has even happened while sitting in the car with the door open while I'm reading the manual.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We were inside our house and the alarm started going off with no one in site. It wouldn't lock or unlock with the remote in the beginning. But now when it keeps randomly going off I press the unlock button and it's ok.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really. I just went for a drive to see if that helped and then tried to just lock it with the key and it still went off after a while
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No not that I know of. It's I good condition and although it's a 2005 car it has only done 55417 kms ... The passenger front window has been getting stuck if I wind it all the way down, we had to use pliers to pull it back up
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What can fail commonly and cause this here is a fault with the drivers door latch itself.If the latch electronics are sending a false signal that the door has been locked then opened it will set off the alarm like this here.I have seen this occur several times before with the latch itself needing replaced.I would have this checked into/tested further to be sure but this is a common component to cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete