Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I just stream cleaned my car engine, had left it running

Customer Question

Hi, I just stream cleaned my car engine, had left it running whilst doing so, no stalling, drove it away for 5 min, parked (engine off), an hr later started car ok, idled for 5min whilst I made a call, it stalled and wouldnt start, called road side assist, he said no spark, blew a few engine 10amp fuses (under dash console) continuously, blew different areas with compressor air, car started immediately, after idling for 5min car stalled again and wouldnt start, though it doesnt blow fuses anymore. Still no spark. tested a new spark plug on each lead against chassis, no spark, poured a cap full of fuel in carby no start. Dis cap seems dry. Unsure what to test next before being $lammed by an autoelec!!
Daihatsu Charade 1995 2door hatch 3cyl 1ltr.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect all engine wiring harnesses and connections for any water intrusion.If any water is found it will need dried out to correct this issue here.I have seen water get into the engine electronics and cause this type of fault here and may have taken a bit of time between the pressure wash when it ran until when it stalled out for the water to do its damage.If any water is found it will need dried out.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete, I really appreciate the feedback you have given. Though on the morning I sent the request to justanswer I had (reply) emailed justanswer to cancel the request and heard nothing back from them (still). I had to call in an autoelec as it was a wire that got ripped out (something to do with a regulator, aircon or rather), just had to get car on road asap. So I am not sure what happens from here. I noticed justanswer had taken $5 from my acct.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.Are you saying you want to cancel your request here?