Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1980 mercedes 450 sl what is the round cylindrcal device

Customer Question

1980 mercedes 450 sl what is the round cylindrcal device with electric plug at one end, it is a few inches long and the fuel pipe from the warm up reg goes into none end and the pipe on the other end goes to the fuel damper and from the damper to the fuel injection distributor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: all i want to know is what this device is and what does it do
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: every thing else in the fuel system has either been replaced or rebuilt.DO YOU KNOW THE PART I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE THE MERCEDES SERVICE MANUALS AND THIS PART IS NOT ILLISTRATED OR LISTED, THE CAR IS FROM TEXAS USA
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may possibly be the fuel warm accumulator.Can you post a picture of it here using the upload links or paper clip icon so I can see what you are looking at to be sure of what this is?Let me know.

Thanks Pete